- It’s a property that I own on the web. If I put content on other sites, I’m a risk to their online presence. If something goes wrong, all their content could be lost. When it is on my site, as long as I cover my maintenance expenses, it will always be there. Also, my website gives visitors an easy way to learn more about me, get information and have easy access to me, whether they want to hire me or feature me in a publication.
- I write a blog called Ariel Coverage. It’s about self-exploration. It’s a way to flush out my writing ideas, health and wellness, and experimenting with design.
Hi! I’m Ariel, and this is my blog! It’s actually the 4th iteration… first came Geocities, then Tumblr, then Blogger, and now here I am…. on WordPress!
I grew up in Barrie, an hour north of Toronto and an hour south of cottage country; a fast-growing city with a small-town feeling. I lived within walking distance of my high school, downtown, and the mall. I found a similar feeling at McMaster where everything I needed was conveniently close to home.
I took a year after graduating high school to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up. I still don’t know, but I get closer every day.
With a passion for language, visual arts and media, I decided that marketing and public relations was my destined career path. Since April 2014, when I graduated from McMaster University with a B.A. Honours Communication Studies, I’ve been searching for ways to upgrade my skills, find my niche, and keep learning. Along the way I’ve discovered what I enjoy and started learning “how to adult,” one of the many necessary life skills for post-graduate survival.
My professional work involves curating social media conversations and taking design ideas from conceptualization to materialization. I want to be a better writer. In fact, there are a lot of things that I want. Finding out what I enjoy, and what I like, has been a journey on its own. I’m still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
I’m a writer, blogger, web designer, social media addict, and home decor fanatic. In my spare time you can find me either sleeping, with my nose in a book, on Pinterest, planning my next renovation project, walking my dog, or canoeing my way across Muskoka.
You never know how far your connections can take you. Think big, dream bigger!
10 things you might not know about me:
- I’m a planning-ahead, organize my closet, list person. But not one of those agenda-holding, colour stickered organization-giddy people.
- I’m also an artist, so I like things to have discordance, bold features, flow, balance, and depth.
- My previous two traits contradict each other, and I struggle with this every day.
- I am a Pokémon friend.
- I am a nerd (not a geek). If you’re truly a nerd, you know the difference.
- When its quiet, I enjoy reading fantasy novels. I typically have 2-3 in progress at once.
- I’m a tea lover and a latte connoisseur.
- I play guitar, in fact, I have two. When I was in high school I played the oboe in 4 different bands. In 2010, I went to band camp.
- My fiance, Jeff, is the love of my life. I enjoy spoiling him, particularly with my home cooking experiments.
- My dog, Phoenix is 6 years old and is a rising Instagram star, but not really.
A-boot Ariel Coverage
My blog originally started in 2010 with Tumblr posts for one of my university courses. As it turned out I quite enjoyed Tumblr throughout my time at McMaster. I reblogged a lot of pictures, liked and shared a lot of posts, and collected a four-year archive of “blog posts.” For the most part, there was little creativity involved. I am, however, a creative person with a wild imagination. I dream almost every night. Can you say the same?
- Health and wellness
- Career navigation
- Lessons learned
- Web and graphic design
- Communications and marketing
Photo cred to Matt Clarke (mattmclarke.com)